Buyback Hours and Information
The next book buyback will be held:
December 13, 2013
Buyback online quotes will be available for Winter Quarter starting December 9, 2013.
This service is available during finals week of each quarter in conjunction with book buyback. CLICK HERE to learn how much your book is currently worth.
Post textbooks and Search private classified listings between students
It is a priority of the Clark College Bookstore to shelve as many used books as possible to assist with maintaining the lowest prices possible. The Bookstore hosts a quarterly book buyback in an effort to obtain used books for the following quarter. Listed below are frequently asked questions and answers regarding buyback.
When does Buyback occur?
Buyback occurs during finals week of each quarter with the exception of Summer Quarter. Each Summer Quarter buyback is during the finals week of the second 5 week session.
What determines if my book will be bought back?
There are many factors that determine whether the Bookstore can purchase a textbook. They are as follows:
1) If an instructor has chosen the book for the upcoming quarter.
2) If the Bookstore has a need for additional inventory to fill an instructor request. If the Bookstore does not have a need for a particular book, the used book vendor, who facilitates our buyback, may purchase the book for use at another campus.
3) The condition of the book such as excessive highlighting, torn/missing pages, permanent writing, missing pieces (CD’s, access codes, etc.) can affect the value. Study guides and workbooks must be clean.
4) An instructor or department may specify buyback criteria on any given book.
What dollar amount will be paid?
Multiple factors determine the price paid for a book:
1) If the Bookstore is buying a book and it is a current edition, up to 40% of the NEW selling price will be paid.
2) If the Bookstore is buying a book and its future use is questionable, the price is dependent on the market value and will range from 20% - 40% of the NEW selling price.
3) If the Bookstore has no need for a book, the used book vendor facilitating buyback may purchase it. The vendor purchase price will be based on current market value which ranges from 1% - 33% of national retail price. Old editions typically have zero value.
4) The value of your book may increase if you provide all required components at book buyback - including CD's, Supplements and other Accessories.
5) The amount you may receive cannot be determined until you are at the buyback window.
Does the bookstore guarantee all books will be bought back?
No. The bookstore's goal is to buy back as many books as possible from students. Unfortunately, some books may have zero value, quantities needed may be limited, or no additional inventory may be needed.
What is my book worth?
Buyback quotes are available during Buyback/Finals week of each quarter. This service will help you to determine if your book is being bought and how much it may be worth.
Remember, a book's value may change as buyback progresses. Sell your books back as early as possible.